“New Orleans as Discourse” is a 14-week course at The University of New Orleans that allows participating students the ability to interview professionals and icons in the New Orleans cultural community (Art, Humanities and Music) about their areas of expertise.
Modeled after “Inside the Actors Studio,” Professor Irvin Mayfield interviews each guest, followed by a question-&-answer session with the students. Each interview will be video recorded and available for viewing here. Some past videos are available here.
“New Orleans as Discourse” Registration Details: HUMS 2090-001 (Class Number: 12178), Wednesdays 3:00-5:45pm
Room 236 of the Liberal Arts Building
*Each student must blog a minimum of twice per guest during that week; each student must blog no less than 500 words per guest (250 words each time).
*Students will also be required to Facebook (on Professor Mayfield’s page) the most powerful aspect of each interview/guest and to Twitter (citing @IrvinMayfieldJr & that week’s guest) the most powerful statement of each interview.
Fall 2013 Schedule:
- January 15th: Introduction to “New Orleans as Discourse”
- January 22nd: Trixie Minx, Burlesque Performer
- January 29th: Stephen Perry, President of the Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
- February 5th: Ron Forman, President and CEO of the Audubon Institute
- February 12th:
- February 19th: Barbara Major, Community Organizer
- February 26th:
- March 5th: NO CLASS
- March 12th: Mark Romig, President/CEO New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation
- March 19th: Rod West, Executive Vice President and CEO of Entergy
- March 26th:
- April 2nd:
- April 9th:
- April 16th:
- April 23rd:
- April 30th:
Return to www.IrvinMayfield.com