“New Orleans as Discourse” is a course at the University of New Orleans that allows participating students the ability to interview professionals and icons in the New Orleans cultural community (Art, Humanities and Music) about their areas of expertise.
Modeled after “Inside the Actors Studio,” Professor Irvin Mayfield interviews each guest, followed by a question-&-answer session with the students. Each interview will be video recorded and available for viewing here. Some past videos are available here.
“New Orleans as Discourse” Registration Details: HUMS 2090-001, Wednesdays 3:00-5:45pm
Room 236 of the Liberal Arts Building
*Each student must blog a minimum of twice per guest during that week; each student must blog no less than 500 words per guest (250 words each time).
*Students will also be required to Facebook (on Professor Mayfield’s page) the most powerful aspect of each interview/guest and to Twitter (citing @IrvinMayfieldJr & that week’s guest) the most powerful statement of each interview.
Fall 2014 Schedule:
- August 20th: Introduction to “New Orleans as Discourse” | Barbara Major, Community Organizer
- August 27th: Bob Brown, Managing Partner of Paradigm PLUS LLC
- September 3rd: Dr. Peter Fos, President of the University of New Orleans
- September 10th: James Bernazzani, retired FBI Special Agent in Charge
- September 17th: TBA
- September 24th: Stephen Perry, President and CEO of the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- October 1st: Dean Kenneth Schwartz, FAIA, Tulane School of Architecture
- October 8th: Ron Forman, President of Audubon Nature Institute
- October 15th: Tim Williamson, Co-Founder & CEO of The Idea Village
- October 22nd: Erika McConduit-Diggs, President and CEO of the Urban League of Greater New Orleans
- October 29th: Lee Reid
- November 5th: TBA
- November 12th: Alex Beard – Local Artist, Author and Entrepreneur
- November 19th: TBA
- November 26th: TBA
- December 3rd: TBA | Teacher Evaluation
Return to www.IrvinMayfield.com