“New Orleans as Discourse” is a course at the University of New Orleans that allows participating students the ability to interview professionals and icons in the New Orleans cultural community (Art, Humanities and Music) about their areas of expertise.
Modeled after “Inside the Actors Studio,” Professor Irvin Mayfield interviews each guest, followed by a question-&-answer session with the students. Each interview will be video recorded and available for viewing here. Some past videos are available here.
“New Orleans as Discourse” Registration Details: HUMS 2090-001, Wednesdays 3:00-5:45pm
Room 236 of the Liberal Arts Building
*Each student must blog a minimum of twice per guest during that week; each student must blog no less than 500 words per guest (250 words each time).
*Students will also be required to Facebook (on Professor Mayfield’s page) the most powerful aspect of each interview/guest and to Twitter (citing @IrvinMayfieldJr & that week’s guest) the most powerful statement of each interview.
Spring 2015 Schedule:
- January 14 – Alex Beard, Artist
- January 21 – Michael P. Kuczynski, Tulane Chair of English
- January 28 – Dr. Fos, President of UNO
- February 4 – Ken Schwartz, FAIA Favrot Professor and Dean
- February 11 – Britton Stewart, Artist
- February 18 – Mardi Gras week
- February 25 – Barbara Major, Community Organizer
- March 4 – Dr. Vera Triplett, Founder and CEO of the Noble Minds Institute for Whole Child Learning
- March 11 – Baty Landis, Consulting Director for YAYA
- March 18 – Bob Brown, Managing Partner at Paradigm PLUS LLC
- March 25 – Neal Morris
- April 1 – Spring Break
- April 8 – Trixie Minx, Burlesque Performer
- April 15 – Stephen Perry, President and CEO of The New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- April 22 – Ron Forman, President and CEO of the Audubon Nature Institute
- April 29 – Teacher Evaluations, Daryl Byrd
Return to www.IrvinMayfield.com