“New Orleans as Discourse” is a 16-week course at The University of New Orleans that allows participating students the ability to interview professionals and icons in the New Orleans cultural community (Art, Humanities and Music) about their areas of expertise.
Modeled after “Inside the Actors Studio,” Professor Irvin Mayfield interviews each guest, followed by a question-&-answer session with the students. Each interview will be video recorded and available for viewing here. Some past videos are available here.
“New Orleans as Discourse” Registration Details: HUMS 2090-001 (Class Number: 12178), Wednesdays 3:00-5:45pm
Room 236 of the Liberal Arts Building
*Each student must blog a minimum of twice per guest during that week; each student must blog no less than 500 words per guest (250 words each time).
*Students will also be required to Facebook (on Professor Mayfield’s page) the most powerful aspect of each interview/guest and to Twitter (citing @IrvinMayfieldJr & that week’s guest) the most powerful statement of each interview.
Fall 2014 Schedule:
- August 20th:
- August 27th: Bob Brown, Managing Director at New Orleans Business Council
- September 3rd: Dr. Peter Fos, President of the University of New Orleans
- September 10th: The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra Staff
- September 17th:
- September 24th: Stephen Perry, President and CEO of the New Orleans Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
- October 1st:
- October 8th: Ron Forman, President of Audubon Nature Institute
- October 15th:
- October 22nd:
- October 29th:
- November 5th:
- November 12th:
- November 19th: No Class
- November 26th: Last Class/Teacher Evaluation
Return to www.IrvinMayfield.com